Transform anger & anxiety into resilience & creative energy through the practice of compassion, mindfulness & meditation.
When stressful events come our way, evolution has hardwired us to go into the fight-flight-freeze response. This automatic process served us well in surviving across millennia as a species, but in modern life, unconscious reactivity often is counterproductive and even harmful to the things that matter most to us.
In reality, stress – the actual experience of tension, of demand – though it may be uncomfortable, doesn’t have to be a problem. In fact, a certain amount of stress is necessary to bring out our full intelligence, creativity and care. It’s the essential ground for us to wake up to our own full potential: to who we really are. When we cultivate our capacities for mindfulness and compassion, meeting the challenges of life actually helps us grow mentally & emotionally stronger, as well as physically healthier thanks to reduced inflammation responses.
A critical inquiry for us as humans is: When we get triggered and reactive, how do we shift from flight-flight-freeze, into “attend and befriend”? This is the evolutionary shift that reconnects us to ourselves and each other; and, globally, can help to end violence and heal our precious earth.
In this short course packed with practical teachings and scientifically validated meditation exercises, students will work directly with their real-life negative patterns and learn to relate to stress with an empowering, clear and caring presence.
What will you learn in this course?
- Know your habitual, automatic reactions to stress
- Access the resources of mindfulness and compassion
- Make more conscious choices in pressured situations
- Grow stronger and wiser right in the very midst of stress
- Experience a larger, more empowered and joyful way of being in the world
Who would benefit from taking this course?
- Anyone who feels plagued by stress
- Anyone troubled by ongoing, mild-to-moderate anxiety
- Anyone caught in repeating destructive behaviors
- Anyone who'd like to handle relationship challenges more successfully
Flourishing in Stressful Times
- Contains 22 video lessons of 5–15 minutes each.
- All videos are closed captioned and transcripts provided.
- An online, self-paced course, you will retain lifetime access.
This course was previously offered on Udemy. If you have taken this course on Udemy and don’t want to take it again, please explore some of the other courses here.
For help purchasing or accessing this course, please review these Frequently Asked Questions. If you need further assistance, or to inquire about disability-related accommodations, contact tech support.