Students often share how profoundly mindfulness and self-compassion are transforming their lives and then they ask: What is the pathway to becoming a teacher myself? I love this path I want to share it.
Becoming a Mindfulness Meditation Teacher is a guide for those who might feel drawn to bringing the power of mindfulness and compassion practices to others. In this course, Tara is joined by Jack Kornfield to discuss the major considerations when approaching the role of teaching.
Through these 10 sessions, you will learn about:
- different motivations that draw people to teaching,
- personal qualities that contribute to being a good teacher,
- ways to prepare for being a teacher,
- challenges of teaching,
- what mindfulness and compassion teachers actually teach,
- ways to address the deep sufferings our students bring to us,
- elements that make up a good teacher training,
- how to evaluate training programs and determine the right match for you.
- ever-increasing opportunities for teaching in a world that so needs mindfulness and compassion everywhere.
In this program, Tara and Jack draw from decades of experience in teaching and training others to teach. You’ll hear inspiring stories, examples and reflections that allow you to use this program as a dynamic warm-up, as a first step on the path to becoming a teacher.
Becoming a Mindfulness Meditation Teacher
- Contains 10 audio lessons of 10–15 minutes each.
What are the sessions within this course?
- Exploring the Path
- Exploring the Heart of What We Teach
- What are the Qualities of a Good Mindfulness Meditation Teacher?
- What Background Do I Need for Teaching?
- What Challenges Might I Encounter as a Mindfulness Teacher?
- How do I Respond to Students Facing Intense Difficulties?
- The Transformational Potential of Mindfulness
- Where and Who Will I Teach?
- What is the Best Teacher Training for Me?
- Healing Our World
Does this course expire?
- This is an online, self-paced course. You will retain lifetime access.
We hope you will join us. Begin a path to greater awareness by starting your first session today!
For help purchasing or accessing this course, please review these Frequently Asked Questions. If you need further assistance, or to inquire about disability-related accommodations, contact tech support.
Welcome from Tara and Jack
Session 1 – Exploring the Path
Session 2 – Exploring the Heart of What We Teach
Session 3 – What are the Qualities of a Good Mindfulness Teacher?
Session 4 – What Background do I Need for Teaching?
Session 5 – What Challenges Might I Encounter as a Mindfulness Teacher?
Session 6 – How do I Respond to Students Facing Intense Difficulties?
Session 7 – The Transformational Potential of Mindfulness
Session 8 – Where and Who Will I Teach?
Session 9 – What is the Best Teacher Training for Me?
Session 10 – Healing Our World
Additional Resources, Course Completion