Self-compassion is the beginning of all emotional and spiritual healing, and compassion for others is the medicine our world needs to move towards harmony and peace.
This program introduces the RAIN meditation, the most powerful practice I know for healing our own hearts and bringing our full loving into the world.
While we each have the capacity for love and compassion, it is by intentional practice that we develop a truly wise and caring heart. Through this course you’ll learn a structured pathway for using the acronym RAIN (Recognize-Allow-Investigate-Nurture). Together, we’ll explore how the RAIN practice can help you:
- Identify and practice basic components of mindfulness meditation
- Discuss core causes of toxic shame & its effects individual and societally
- Apply the 4-steps of RAIN to emotional difficulty and conflict
- Develop an experiential understanding of sensory based attention
- Employ necessary adaptations for using the RAIN meditation with clients who have experienced trauma
- Describe common misunderstandings about forgiveness
Identify the primary challenges to cultivating compassion
As you learn how to use this simple technique to undo emotional tangles, you will begin to experience the healing and spiritual freedom that becomes possible when we contact the vulnerability within ourselves and others, and respond with a loving heart.
The teachings in this course are appropriate for healthcare professionals as well as the general public. Healthcare professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients.
I hope you will enjoy!